BC MedEquip uses powder coating on ramps and railings and is available in a variety of colors. Powder coating is a polyester based electrostatic spray powder coating that is widely used to paint and protect a variety of metal substrates such as steel and aluminum from environmental factors. This process can also be used to provide colour options to match existing colours both inside and outside the home.
Polyester electrostatic spray powder coating is applied through a spray process where the part is electrostatically sprayed with a dry powder that is fluidized with air and then is cured.
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Electrostatic Sprayed Polyester is generally applied at a thickness ranging from 1.5 to 4.5 mils (thousandths of an inch).
- Polyester based powders are recommended for both interior and exterior type applications.
- Powder coating overspray can be recycled making it possible to achieve nearly 100% use.
- Powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings.
- Powder coatings emit zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally and vertically coated surfaces than liquid coated items.
Click here for Ramps, Stairlifts, Porch lifts and Accessibility items.
Share this post
- Tags: Home Safety