ALLEVYN Ag Gentle
ALLEVYN Ag Gentle Soft Gel Adhesive Silver Wound Dressing
- Easier application with secondary retention and minimal pain on removal
- Rapid and sustained antibacterial action
- Optimal exudate management1
- Cost effective - seven-day wear time and fewer dressing changes
ALLEVYN silver protection
Sustained antibacterial activity for 7 days
Enhanced performance ALLEVYN
Triple-action technology absorbs, retains, and transpires exudate to provide optimal fluid management.
Maintains optimal moisture balance
Provides an optimal moist wound environment for the promotion of faster closure
Comes off lightly
Gentle adhesive allows for less painful dressing changes
Goes on tightly
Stays in place for up to 7 days
Long wear time = fewer dressing changes
ALLEVYN Ag Gentle dressings are indicated for use in exuding partial and full thickness wounds including decubitus ulcers, diabetic ulcers, 1st and 2nd degree burns and donor sites. ALLEVYN Ag Gentle may be used over debrided and partial thickness wounds. Can be used in conjunction with a hydrogel dressing, such as INTRASITE◊ Gel for necrotic or sloughy wounds. ALLEVYN Ag Gentle is suitable for use on fragile skin.
- For external use only.
- ALLEVYN Ag Gentle is not compatible with oxidizing agents (e.g. EUSOL) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing.
- ALLEVYN Ag Gentle dressings are not intended to provide treatment for infected wounds.
- ALLEVYN Ag Gentle may be used on infected wounds being managed in accordance with institutional clinical protocols for infection abatement as an adjunct to the standard treatment regimen to provide a barrier to bacterial penetration.
- ALLEVYN Ag Gentle may not be compatible with topical antimicrobials.
- If reddening or sensitization occur discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG.
- When ALLEVYN Ag Gentle is used on a patient during MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination some warming may be experienced.
- ALLEVYN Ag Gentle is not compatible with oil based products such as petrolatum.
- ALLEVYN Ag Gentle is not suitable for use alone on cavity wounds but may be used over cavity wounds as a secondary dressing.
- As with all products containing silver sulfadiazine the following precautions should be noted, especially when covering a large surface area with the dressing.
- Use caution in patients with significant hepatic or renal impairment.
- Use caution in individuals known to have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
- Effects of systemically administered drugs may be altered. This can especially apply to oral hypoglycaemic agents and to phenytoin. In the case of these drugs, it is recommended that blood levels should be monitored as their effect can be potentiated.
- When used under compression ALLEVYN Ag Gentle could become dislodged if the limb experiences a rapid reduction in oedema.
NOTE: All prices on this web site are subject to change without notice. BC Medequip Home Health Care Ltd shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.