ALLEVYN Compression dressings contain a highly absorbent material embedded in a self-adherent polyurethane matrix. The dressing is covered with a waterproof polyurethane film which is permeable to oxygen and water vapor and is bacteriaproof. ALLEVYN Compression dressings employ all the proven benefits of a moist wound environment without any breakdown of the dressing caused by contact with exudate.
- Non-adherent to wound surface
- Maintains absorption under compression
- Promotes and maintains moist wound environment
- Easy to use
Non-adherent to wound
ALLEVYN Compression dressings are slightly adherent. They adhere well to dry, intact skin, but will not adhere to the wound surface. The dressing shows a slight adherence to dry skin, which will hold the dressing in place while the compression bandage is applied. The adhesion is so slight that sensitive skin is not damaged.
ALLEVYN Compression has a high absorption capacity and an ability to lock in exudates. This capacity results from the structure of highly absorbent material embedded in a polyurethane matrix.
Maintains absorption under compression
ALLEVYN Compression is ideal for use in compression therapy as the polyurethane structure locks in and hold up to 99% of the exudates to help reduce the risk of maceration.
Promotes and maintains moist wound environment
The outer layer used on ALLEVYN Compression is a breathable film layer. This allows the formation and maintenance of a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, preventing eschar formation. The film is also waterproof and bacteriaproof.
Easy to use
ALLEVYN Compression dressings absorb exudates and ensure minimal mess at dressing changes. Dressing changes are therefore easier for the caregiver and less traumatic for the patient; wound irrigation can be kept to a minimum. The progression of exudates is visible through the opaque dressing.
- ALLEVYN Compression can be used for the treatment and management of moderately to highly exuding wounds surrounded by sensitive skin such as ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic), pressure sores and burns (1st and 2nd degree).
- Creation and maintenance of a moist wound environment. Moist wound environments have been established as optimal environments for the management of the wound.
- Provides physical separation between the wound and external environments to assist in preventing bacterial contamination of the wound.
- Do not soak in oxidizing agents, such as hypochlorite or peroxide solutions.
- ALLEVYN Compression is not indicated for use on third degree burns, or on wounds with exposed muscle, bone or tendon.
NOTE: All prices on this web site are subject to change without notice. BC Medequip Home Health Care Ltd shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.