ALLEVYN Thin is a sterile wound dressing made of polyurethane matrix and a polyurethane top-film.
- Flexible and highly conformable
- Maintains a moist wound environment
- Helps prevent bacterial contamination
- Permeable to oxygen and water vapor
- Does not adhere to the wound
- Sticks well to dry, intact skin
- Semi-transparent film
- No need for a secondary dressing
- Easily shaped to fit awkward areas
- May help reduce the risk of secondary infection. The patient is able to bathe and shower.
- Helps to minimize the risk of maceration
- Monitoring of the wound is possible
Over the counter:
ALLEVYN Thin is a dressing indicated for the management of surface wounds with low to moderate exudate such as minor burns and abrasions. ALLEVYN Thin may also be used under the direction of a health care professional for partial thickness wounds such as second-degree burns, leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, post-op wounds and donor sites.
ALLEVYN Thin is indicated for the management of surface wounds with low to moderate exudate such as first and second degree burns, follow-up management of abrasions and donor sites, partial thickness wounds, leg ulcers, stage I & II pressure ulcers and post-operative wounds.
Do not use any ALLEVYN product with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide solutions.
Do not use on wounds with exposed muscle, bone or tendon or where a risk of drying out exists or where the surrounding skin is damaged or sensitive.
NOTE: All prices on this web site are subject to change without notice. BC Medequip Home Health Care Ltd shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.