IODOSORB Ointment & Paste
IODOSORB Ointment is a sterile formulation of Cadexomer Iodine. When applied to the wound, IODOSORB cleans it by absorbing fluids, removing exudate, slough and debris and forming a gel over the wound surface. As the gel absorbs exudate, iodine is released, killing bacteria and changing color as the iodine is used up.
Starting from $62.00
A 3-in-1 mode of action kills bacteria, manages exudate, and debrides the wound bed.
Helps Promote Wound Healing
Exudate and debris is removed effectively.
IODOSORB helps to promote a clean wound healing environment.
A change in color (white) indicates when IODOSORB should be changed.
Gel formed over the wound promotes moist healing.
Accelerated healing rates can lead to earlier patient discharges.
IODOSORB Ointment assists in reducing bacterial load, associated pain is reduced which can improve quality of life.
IODOSORB is a non-adhesive which can reduce trauma when product is changed encouraging patient compliance.
IODOSORB Ointment - For use in cleaning wet ulcers and wounds such as venous stasis ulcers, pressure sores, diabetic foot ulcers, and infected traumatic and surgical wounds.
IODOSORB Ointment should not be used on dry necrotic tissue, or on patients with a known sensitivity to iodine or any of the other components. Do not use IODOSORB Ointment on children, pregnant or lactating women or people with renal impairment or thyroid disorders (e.g. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis or nontoxic nodular goitre.)
There is a potential risk of interaction with lithium, resulting in an increased possibility of hypothyroidism. Do not use IODOSORB Ointment concomitantly with mercurial antiseptics or taurolidine. If the patient is about to undergo thyroid function tests, they should inform the doctor.
Precautions for use
- The contents of the tube should be used on one patient only.
- Do not use IODOSORB Ointment in the vicinity of the eyes, ears, nose or mouth.
- The product is for external use only.
- IODOSORB Ointment may cause a slight transient pain especially in the first hour after treatment. This is a sign that the product is beginning to clean the wound. Occasionally, IODOSORB Ointment may cause the skin around the wound edges to swell or redden. This will usually pass. If these symptoms persist or if the patient experiences any other symptoms, they should contact the doctor or nurse.
- Contact with the skin around the wound edges/intact skin should be minimized.
- It is possible for an adherent crust to form if the IODOSORB Ointment is allowed to dry out.
- A single application of IODOSORB Ointment should not exceed 50g (equivalent to 5 x 10g tubes) and not more than 150g (equivalent to 15 x 10g tubes) applied in one week.
- The duration of treatment should not exceed 3 months.
NOTE: All prices on this web site are subject to change without notice. BC Medequip Home Health Care Ltd shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.NOTE: All prices on this web site are subject to change without notice. BC Medequip Home Health Care Ltd shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Shipping is available only within Canada. All sales are final.