PROFORE Lite Low Compression Bandaging System
Each system pack contains the following:
- One PROFORE wound contact layer (9.5cm x 9.5cm)
- One PROFORE #1 natural padding bandage (10cm x 3.5m unstretched)
- One PROFORE #2 light conformable dressing (10cm x 4.5m stretched)
- One PROFORE #4 flexible cohesive bandage (10cm x 2.5m unstretched)
PROFORE Lite offers reduced compression from the original PROFORE kits.
Developed for the management of mixed aetiology leg ulcers
PROFORE Lite has been developed for the management of leg ulcers where assessment of the patient has identified arterial as well as venous insufficiency. Arterial impairment prevents the use of full compression because of the risk of ischaemic necrosis.
Effective graduated compression is recognised to be the most important factor in the treatment of venous leg ulcers.
The multi-layer compression bandage system has been demonstrated to maintain effective levels of compression for at least one week after application.
Can be left in place for up to one week
The multi-layer compression bandage system has sufficient absorption capacity to manage exudate for up to a week without needing re-application.
PROFORE Lite contains everything necessary for the application of multi-layer compression bandage therapy. PROFORE Lite reduces preparation time, simplifies stock control and ensures that the correct components are always available.
PROFORE Lite has been developed for the management ovenous leg ulcers where assessment of the patient has identified arterial as well as venous insufficiency. Arterial impairment prevents the use of full compression because of the risk of ischaemic necrosis.
Contraindications / Precautions
- Should the patient develop pain or pale, cool or numb extremities distal to the dressing, the bandages should be promptly removed.
- It is important that the size and shape of the limb is assessed carefully and that the appropriate combination of PROFORE bandages is used - the systems will not protect vulnerable areas for excessive pressure in patients with very thin legs or prominent tibial crests unless additional padding [PROFORE# 1] is used.
- Failure to detect significantly reduced arterial flow can result in pressure necrosis, amputation or even death.
- This product has components that contain natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
- The risk of arterial as well as venous disease rises with age.
- Do not use on patients with an ankle: brachial pressure index (ABPI) of less than 0.6 (PROFORE Lite) or on diabetic patients with advanced small vessel disease.
NOTE: All prices on this web site are subject to change without notice. BC Medequip Home Health Care Ltd shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.NOTE: All prices on this web site are subject to change without notice. BC Medequip Home Health Care Ltd shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Shipping is available only within Canada. All sales are final.