Medical Equipment Technician
Do you care about helping people and want to use your skills to enhance the daily lives of others? Then this may be the career opportunity for you.
We supply, install and service products that help seniors and injured people maintain their independence and live a safe and healthy lifestyle with dignity. As a Premier supplier of Home Healthcare products, we carry a wide range of medical equipment like hospital beds, patient lifts, wheelchairs, mobility aids and home accessibility products. We are a trusted locally-owned family business that serves the needs of our customers in communities throughout the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.
The Medical Equipment Technician will repair and deliver the durable medical equipment according to the manufacturer’s specifications. The company provides the technical training required.
This is a customer-centric position, where the Technician needs to engage with customers in a respectful and compassionate manner as needed to ensure the equipment is set up for their comfort and safe use.
- To deliver, set up, adjust, and install durable medical equipment within a home and/or facility when required. This equipment includes wheelchairs, hospital beds, and lifts. Moderate lifting is required.
- To train/educate customers and caregivers on the proper use, care, and safety of equipment purchased or rented. Performs minor fitting and adjustments of equipment.
- To inspect, troubleshoot, and repair medical equipment in the field and shop.
- To prepare all necessary paperwork accurately and follow certain procedures. Complete vehicle checklist as required.
- To drive a service vehicle in a safe and courteous manner throughout the Greater Vancouver Regional District.
- To maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment including delivery vehicle, shop, and warehouse.
- To clean and maintain rental inventory.
- To follow all safety procedures as required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office, Internet, and email
- Technical skills: knowledge and experience with mechanical and electrical systems
- Listens well and retains instructions; accepts constructive feedback from supervisor
- Requires pushing, and pulling, including occasional lifting of 100 lb
- A strong work ethic and outgoing positive attitude
- Can work independently and problem solve when issues arise
- Must have excellent customer service, organizational and time-management skills and be detail-oriented
- Competent to perform the Services in a healthcare setting
- A valid BC driver’s license with a minimum of 5 years of driving experience, acceptable driver abstract
- Criminal Record Check (CRC) screening
We are looking for an individual who wants to make a real difference in the lives of others, build relationships and really show a caring attitude. So, if you:
- have a positive attitude
- can work within a team environment
- can work independently
- have attention to detail
- have organization skills to meet deadlines
- are willing to learn and be part of this growing company
- have clear and concise communication skills — both verbal and written
Then this position may be right for you.
We believe that people should be recognized and rewarded for their hard work, dedication, and excellent performance. BC MEDEQUIP has several programs to recognize accomplishments within the company and the communities we serve:
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge and skillset with a top-performing team
- Competitive extended health benefits (Dental, Vision and Travel)
- Room to grow within the organization
- Ongoing coaching and paid training programs
- Fun culture
- Paid overtime
Wages are negotiable based on qualifications and related experience. Please send us a cover letter and resume — combined into a single PDF document. Include your expected salary. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
All applicants are required to be in compliance with all orders and directions related to public health and workplace safety in their intended province of employment. Given the nature of this role, BC MEDEQUIP requires applicants to, among other things, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide satisfactory proof of vaccination.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Weekday: Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm